Perhaps You Might Be Interested

10 April 2011

My Wish for Today's Cardinal Lineup

Here's today's St. Louis Cardinals lineup (via Matthew Leach):

1. Theriot SS
2. Rasmus CF
3. Pujols 1B
4. Holliday LF
5. Craig RF
6. Freese 3B
7. Schumaker 2B
8. Laird C
9. Lohse RHP

And here is the lineup this armchair manager would take out to the home plate umpire:

1. Skip Schumaker 2B
2. Colby Rasmus CF
3. Albert Pujols 1B
4. Matt Holliday LF
5. Lance Berkman RF
6. David Freese 3B
7. Gerald Laird C
8. Kyle Lohse RHP
9. Ryan Theriot SS

Notes on why:

  • I think Skip is the only Cardinal taking good at bats consistently
  • Colby must get back on the horse after last night's debacle
  • I would play Berkman today with Holliday back. Berkman's getting good swings but bad luck
  • Freese needs to play to get hitting stroke back.  He's so important for St. Louis in this season
  • I didn't play Yadier Molina because I respect TLR's knowledge when to rest the all-star's knees
  • I like Theriot to be the second lead off guy.  I'm not a fan of batting pitcher 8th, but now is the time

Share your ideas on today's lineup in the comments.
And today is the day the Cardinals season turns around!

No comments:

Post a Comment